About Touchstone Energy Cooperatives
The Touchstone Energy Cooperatives brand represents a nationwide alliance made of 750 local, consumer-owned electric cooperatives in 46 states. Touchstone Energy co-ops collectively deliver power and energy solutions to more than 30 million members every day. Electric cooperatives distribute power for 75 percent of the U.S. land mass over 2.4 million miles of power lines.
Electric cooperatives were established to provide electricity to rural America, and now make up the largest electric utility network in the nation. Touchstone Energy is the national brand identity for that network.
Did you know Electric Cooperatives...
- Are located in 80% of the nation's counties
- Are the largest electric utility network in the nation
- Total more than 900 local systems in 47 states
- Have 42 million member-owners
- Distribute power over 2.5 million miles of line
- Serve 75% of the U.S. land mass
- Own $130 billion in generation, transmission, and
- Currently, 94 percent of the nation’s co-ops (793 out of 841 distribution utilities) offer renewable energy options to 40 million Americans.
What Makes Our Cooperatives Different?
- Touchstone Energy co-ops are owned by the members they serve and are committed to providing reliable electricity at the lowest price possible. In short, co-ops "look out" for the members they serve.
- Touchstone Energy co-ops provide high standards of service according to their four core values: integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
- Touchstone Energy co-ops are the highest rated electric utility group, scoring an 83. That compares to a 77 for investor-owned utilities.